1. Proclaim! (or read!) in the name of thy Lord and Cherisher, Who created-
2. Created man, out of a (mere) clot of congealed blood:
3. Proclaim! And thy Lord is Most Bountiful,-
4. He Who taught (the use of) the pen,-
5. Taught man that which he knew not.
6. Nay, but man doth transgress all bounds,
7. In that he looketh upon himself as self-sufficient.
8. Verily, to thy Lord is the return (of all).
9. Seest thou one who forbids-
10. A votary when he (turns) to pray?
11. Seest thou if he is on (the road of) Guidance?-
12. Or enjoins Righteousness?
13. Seest thou if he denies (Truth) and turns away?
14. Knoweth he not that Allah doth see?
15. Let him beware! If he desist not, We will drag him by the forelock,-
16. A lying, sinful forelock!
17. Then, let him call (for help) to his council (of comrades):
18. We will call on the angels of punishment (to deal with him)!
19. Nay, heed him not: But bow down in adoration, and bring thyself the closer (to Allah.!
- Surah 97. AL-QADR (POWER, FATE)
- Surah 98. AL-BAYYINA (THE CLEAR PROOF, EVIDENCE)
- Surah 99. AZ-ZALZALA (THE EARTHQUAKE)
- Surah 100. AL-ADIYAT (THE COURSER, THE CHARGERS)
- Surah 101. AL-QARIA (THE CALAMITY, THE STUNNING BL...
- Surah 102. AT-TAKATHUR (RIVALRY IN WORLD INCREASE,...
- Surah 103. AL-ASR (THE DECLINING DAY, EVENTIDE, TH...
- Surah 104. AL-HUMAZA (THE TRADUCER, THE GOSSIPMONG...
- Surah 105. AL-FIL (THE ELEPHANT)
- Surah 106. QURAISH (WINTER, QURAYSH)
- Surah 107. AL-MAUN (SMALL KINDNESSES, ALMSGIVING, ...
- Surah 108. AL-KAUTHER (ABUNDANCE, PLENTY)
- Surah 109. AL-KAFIROON (THE DISBELIEVERS, ATHEISTS...
- Surah 110. AN-NASR (SUCCOUR, DIVINE SUPPORT)
- Surah 111. AL-MASADD (PALM FIBRE, THE FLAME)
- Surah 112. AL-IKHLAS (SINCERITY)
- Surah 113. AL-FALAQ (THE DAYBREAK, DAWN)
- Surah 114. AN-NAS (MANKIND)